Absinthe is currently legal in most countries and you could even buy Absinthe in the United States. This has sparked off a reconditioned interest in Absinthe plus a new generation is wanting to know how to get Absinthe.
Absinthe is a strong liquor which is produced by distilling alcohol by using a recipe of natural herbs. Traditional herbs employed in Absinthe manufacture comprise of common wormwood, also called grande wormwood or artemisia absinthum, aniseed and fennel. The aniseed provides the Absinthe its famous anise or licorice flavor and the wormwood gives the drink a good sharp edge of bitterness. Wormwood contains a chemical called thujone which has been regarded as psychoactive also to cause psychedelic effects. It had been claimed that Absinthe contained huge amounts of thujone so it was banned in early 1900s. Research and tests demonstrated that Absinthe actually only contained very tiny amounts of thujone, not enough to cause any effect whatsoever, therefore, the drink was once more legalized in most countries.
To discover the real taste of Absinthe you need to buy an Absinthe that contains wormwood. Do not be conned by way of the many fake Absinthes or substitute Absinthes – you will need authentic wormwood Absinthe.
How to get Absinthe containing wormwood
Here are several buying ideas to help you get a true Absinthe:-
– Design your own from a kit. AbsintheKit.com sell absinthekits that contain an Absinthe essence, a plastic measure and 14 imaginative bottle labels. The kit costs $29 plus it is made up of enough essence to create 14 bottles of absinthe. Unlike steeping kits, the kits from AbsintheKit are already distilled so, if you mix them with vodka or Everclear, you receive a true Absinthe. The essences contain the traditional Absinthe herbs, which includes wormwood, and are an economical means of obtaining a genuine wormwood Absinthe.
– Inform yourself concerning Absinthe online. Use the Buyer’s Guide on sites like lafeeverte.net to read up about Absinthes and to read reviews on specific brands.
– Check that the Absinthe contains wormwood and not simply southernwood or roman wormwood. The Absinthe must also comprise anise or aniseed. Some Czech Absinth are wormwood bitters, not true Absinthe, since they’re anise free.
– Check around and do a price comparison.
– Buy brands made by reputable distillers and check out Absinthes which have won awards.
How to get Absinthe timeless classics
Here are just a few Absinthes that you might want to consider trying. All of them are real wormwood Absinthes.
– AbsintheKit.com Absinthe Classics essence – This essence produces a classic “verte” or green Absinthe that louches superbly.
– The Jade Collection – This assortment of vintage style Absinthes are distilled by Ted Breaux in France. They already have won awards and have got lots of good reviews and write-ups on the internet.
– Mari Mayans 70 – A Spanish Absinthe (Absenta). This collectors 70 edition has won awards and it has been made in Ibiza since 1880. Absinthe was never banned in Spain which means this Absinthe has been in production.
– Sebor – A Czech Absinth which contains both wormwood and anise. It is a well known Czech brand with a good reputation.
– La Boheme Absinthe Original – A Czech Absinthe which happens to be based on a 200 yr old Swiss recipe.
– Absinthe Roquete 1797 – This French Absinthe is dependent on an original eighteenth century recipe and is also distilled in 19th century alambics.
Other remarkable Absinthes are La Ptite Douce, Absinthe La Clandestine, Doubs Mystique Carte’Or, Absinthe Duplais and Lucid, which happens to be easily obtainable in the USA.
When you’ve got bought your best Absinthe remember to stick to the Ritual and to use an Absinthe glass and slotted spoon. Reproductions of antique glasses and spoons can be bought from AbsintheKit.com.
Now you know how to get Absinthe, take advantage of the taste of the Green Fairy.