There has been a renewed fascination with Absinthe liquor about the world within the last decade since Absinthe’s legalization in lots of countries. Absinthe, also called the Green Fairy or La Fee Verte, has only been legal in the United States since 2007, and just certain brands may be sold, so there is much interest in the liquor in the US.
What is Absinthe Liquor About?
Absinthe is a distilled anise flavored spirit which has been made for medicinal purposes being an elixir or tonic by the legendary Dr Pierre Ordinaire in Couvet, Switzerland. It has become popular in Switzerland and France during the 19th and early 20th centuries and also overtook wine in reputation in France.
Absinthe is normally produced from a wine base and is flavored with herbs. Its major herbal ingredients are standard wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium), that gives absinthe liquor Absinthe its name and its particular bitter taste, aniseed and fennel. Other common herbs employed in the creation of Absinthe contain hyssop, lemon balm, star anise, dittany, juniper, nutmeg and licorice.
There are numerous varieties of Absinthe liquor:-
– Verte – This is actually the classic green Absinthe of the French La Belle Epoque and the Absinthe favored by the Bohemian culture of Montmartre and ingested by artists and writers such as Pablo Picasso, Van Gogh, Oscar Wilde, Ernest Hemingway, Gauguin, Degas, Baudelaire and Verlaine.
– La Blueu – Also called La Blanche. This is a clear Absinthe. Bootleg Swiss Absinthe was clear throughout the ban.
– Czech Style Absinth – Some Czech Absinthes are normal Absinthes but this term is the term for “Absinths” which are actually wormwood bitters and do not provide an anise flavor.
– Absenta – Spanish Absinthe that has a sweeter flavor since it is constructed with Alicante Anise.
– Rouge or Rose Absinthe – This Absinthe has a naturally red colorization because of the added ingredient of hibiscus flowers.
You can get many kinds and styles of Absinthe online – traditional styles and modern classics that are based upon vintage Absinthes but have a modern twist.
Along with buying these several types of Absinthe beverages, you can also make your own Absinthe from Absinthe essences. AbsintheKit.com supply essences into the Absinthe industry as well as consumers. They make 4 different essences – an existing green Absinthe essence, a clear Absinthe essence, a strong essence which makes an Absinthe with a stronger bitter wormwood flavor, and an orange flavoured essence which is flavored with orange oil and produces a lovely orange-yellow colored Absinthe. All of the essences are created using top-quality herbs and are also distilled so you don’t need to be worried about distilling, simply use the internet and then mix with vodka or Everclear on your own wormwood Absinthe.
AbsintheKit.com also sell Absinthiana like replicas of famous Absinthe glasses and spoons such as the Eiffel Tower spoon.
Absinthe is a very strong alcoholic beverage, up to 75% alcohol by volume, and is also much stronger than whisky or vodka. Care must be taken when consuming such a strong spirit particularly if it is being mixed with other strong spirits in cocktails – it is very easy to get drunk on Absinthe!
There are hardly any drinks like Absinthe liquor about which there are many myths, legends, lies and falsehoods – it features a very colorful and intriguing history and is a beautiful beverage to savor.